Indulge in French Joie de Vivre and free beer at the Rue 1664 pop-up.
Great news for all who are seeking some French exuberance, and chill, this sweltering Singaporean “summer.”
1664, Carlsberg Singapore’s French premium wheat beer, has set up a Paris-inspired pop-up named Rue 1664 right outside Mandarin Gallery. From May 19 to 26, registered visitors* can soak in the charm and beauty of the City of Lights at the heart of Orchard Road while enjoying three types of refreshing 1664 brews.
There will be unique photo ops such as a life-sized 1664 Blanc glass & bottle photo booth, and arty activities such as live art portraiture drawing by SainouSpace. There will also be live music performances from local headliners such as Glenn Yong, Sam Driscoll, The Cold Cut Duo, and Charlene Su.
What’s more, dog parents who bring their furry darlings to Rue 1664 on May 21 and 22 will get a free Pawpsicle from LICKED. Made with natural ingredients, it’s a refreshing and dog-friendly treat that’ll leave your pup pawsitively happy. Bone Appétit!
Says Caroline Moreau, General Manager of Carlsberg Singapore. “1664 was born in France, and we draw inspiration from the French way of life to enjoy and savour every moment.”
“In the French spirit of joie de vivre, we love sharing special moments together with our loved ones through small indulgences, like a delicious glass of 1664. We are excited to invite Singaporeans to take a stroll down the long Parisian-inspired street of Rue 1664 for an immersive experience, and toast to good taste with a twist!”
* 18 and above only.
1664—a Refreshing Taste with a Fruity Twist
Brewed using a unique blend of traditional techniques, with dashes of modern flavours, 1664 is the perfect choice for those looking for a refreshing and satisfying beer experience. With a range of beers that cater to different tastes and preferences, there’s a 1664 beer for everyone too.
At the Rue 1664 pop-up, you can try:
- 1664 Blanc: Light and crisp. A refreshing wheat beer with notes of peach.
- 1664 Lager: A classic lager with a hint of hop bitterness and a light malty sweetness.
- 1664 Rosé: A fun brew with a raspberry twist and a gentle sweet finish.
All three are on sale at supermarkets, hypermarkets, and e-retailers islandwide. 1664 Blanc is available in 320ml and 500ml cans, and 330ml bottles. 1664 Lager is available in 330ml and 500ml cans, and 330ml bottles. The delightful 1664 Rosé is available in 320ml cans.
Joie de Vivre at Rue 1664!
What can you enjoy at the Rue 1664 pop-up other than refreshing (and free) French beer? There’s a medley of fun activities and entertainment!
- Life-sized 1664 Blanc glass and bottle. The perfect backdrop for a photo memento of your trip into the elegantly playful world of 1664.
- Trivia challenge! Visitors who ace the thrilling 1664 Trivia Game will be rewarded with the opportunity to channel their inner Monet and customise their very own 1664 Tote Bag.
- Guests who come dressed with a twist of blue on May 19 to 21, and 26, will receive a complimentary live art portrait at the Live Art Station.
- Live music performances by local headliners. Refer to schedule below.
- As highlighted above, woof woof! Free doggy popsicles from LICKED for dog parents who bring their furry friends to the pop-up!
- The chance to win attractive prizes by posting a photo on Instagram. Tag @1664Singapore with hashtags #GoodTasteWithATwist and #CelebrateGTWT
Live Music Schedule
- May 19: Glenn Yong (7 pm to 9 pm)
- May 20: The Cold Cut Duo (6 pm to 8 pm)
- May 21: Charlene Su (6 pm to 8 pm)
- May 26: Sam Driscoll (6 pm to 8 pm)
The Rue 1664 pop-up is happening outside Mandarin Gallery from May 19 to 26, 2023. Hours are 4.00 pm to 9.00 pm (Mondays – Thursdays) and 4.00 pm to 10.00 pm (Fridays – Sundays).
Registrations can be made through the website https://1664blancsg.com/registration . Please register before heading down!
My other Singapore events posts.