Quirky and adorable rabbits are aplenty at Dahlia Dreams 2023.
I’ve posted about the annual Dahlia Dreams floral exhibition a couple of times. So this year, I’ll skip a full introduction and just list the must-know information.
- Dahlia Dreams is always the first Gardens by the Bay Flower Dome show for the calendar year. As such, it is always in conjunction with Chinese New Year celebrations.
- This year’s show has a playful side to it because, you know, Year of the Rabbit and mischievous bunnies and all that.
- According to the official GBTB website, there are a hundred rabbits on show. (Erm … I didn’t count. Feels like it, though)
- The Dahlias are absolutely gorgeous. There are some big, fluffy, and dreamy ones on display this year too.
- Compared to the floral shows in the second half of 2022, Dahlia Dreams 2023 feels smaller in scale. Other than the entrance and middle area, there are no other exhibits elsewhere in the Flower Dome. Some of the decorations also look … what’s a good word, familiar? As in, I’m sure I’ve seen these in previous exhibitions … To be clear, I don’t mind. There’s nothing wrong with reusing perfectly fine decorations.
Welcoming the Lunar New Year at Dahlia Dreams 2023
In the original Hare and the Tortoise tale, the Tortoise won the race, of course. ‘Cos the Hare was arrogant and presumptuous. But since it’s the Year of the Rabbit, Gardens by the Bay tweaked the story to reflect “cooperation.” This time, both animals won the race!
The Magnificent Blooms of Dahlia Dreams 2023
Compared to last year’s show, I think there are lesser Dahlia types but a lot more other festive blooms. As mentioned above, some of this year’s Dahlias are absolutely breathtaking too.
They are so … big and fluffy. I overheard one visitor saying in Singlish, “ they look so Chinese New Year hor.”
Dahlia Dreams 2023 ends on Feb 26, 2023. If visiting after Jan 20, don’t forget to check out River Hongbao 2023! It’s just a few steps away!