Free Electone sheet music and registrations for Paula Tsui’s 風的季節 (Fung Dik Gwai Jit).
Finally completed this retro Paula Tsui Cantopop hit, after setting it aside for half a year.
To share, or should I say, to reveal, 風的季節 (Fung Dik Gwai Jit) was the Paula Tsui song I wanted to arrange right from the start. But because it is so famous in the Cantonese-speaking world, so associated with the Hong Kong diva, I thought I should first “do” some of her other songs. As a sort of lead-in.
Following which, I placed the draft arrangement aside last October to have a go at video game music, and what should have been uploaded last year ended up six months late.
To further share, gosh, this Cantopop hit is truly well-known, practically inseparable from Paula! When I uploaded Foong Yu Tong Lou last year, I actually received three private messages asking for this arrangement.
I heartily agreed, and delays aside, here is it! To “honour” the song, I also bought myself an appropriate top. I’m sure those who have seen Paula’s live performances of this song will know why I wore what I did in my video. 😛
Yamaha Electone Sheet Music and ELS-02C Registration Data for 風的季節 (Fung Dik Gwai Jit)
Warning! The registration and Finale PrintMusic files are zip files! You might need to disable your virus/malware protection before downloading.
(Ad by Google)
- My arrangement is as near as I can get to the original recording, which BTW, is also called Season of the Wind in English. I also slashed one stanza to make the length crispier.
- I amended the melody line very slightly to give more punch. Also, to better suit the Tenor Sax lead.
- I retained the signature guitar motif of the original recording. Important performance note here. The chords of the motif must be placed in a slight “strumming” style. I.E. in a slight acciaccatura, crushing way. I’m also using Steel Guitar instead of Nylon, and that’s thanks to the tips I got from The Sixth String.
- In case I’m not clear enough in my sheet music, the drums only start on bar 5. You NEED to manually switch to Registration 2 and press the Synchro Start button.
- I included several upper keyboard runs, and I’m very ashamed to say that I tend to do those very messily, even in my video! If it’s also, err, too difficult for you, just hold the lower keyboard notes. Forget about the strumming and all that.
- Apart from the above, I left the rest of the arrangement relatively straightforward. The breezy feel of the song also makes it extremely, extremely enjoyable to play!
Check out my other Electone posts here!