Free Electone sheet music and registrations for Come Home Love: Lo and Behold Theme Song.
No one was spared hardship in awful 2020, am I right?
Yeah, as secluded as I am in most of my daily activities, I was affected too. Some days, MANY days, were truly hard to get by.
When that happened, I would usually try to end the day on a brighter note. I would binge on some comedy Anime before sleeping, or watch the latest episode of TVB’s extremely popular sitcom, Come Home Love: Lo and Behold (愛回家之開心速遞). Eight out of ten times it would be the latter.
Oh no, I don’t watch the actual run at 8pm on Starhub TV. Usually, I’d just watch the newest snippets on YouTube. If I have time, I then re-watch the better episodes in full the next day.
Anyway, it’s a great way to go to bed with! Nonsensical as many episodes are, they never failed to perk me up. Many a times, I was also in stitches from the antics of the cast, guffawing in the middle of the night.
My favourite storylines: the antics of Oon-zai (安仔) and Sam-tai (三太). And the food! The legendary mooncakes and chicken feet you’d bend over backwards to have a taste of, then go into shock when you realised how they were made …
Yeah, the series brightened many dank days for me. Which was why I felt the theme song would be a great way and blog post and YouTube upload to end the year with.
Hereby, also taking the opportunity to wish all a great 2021! We ain’t exactly out of the jungle yet, but things are looking up. May your 2021 be merry, healthy, and peaceful.
Yamaha Electone Sheet Music and Registration Data for Come Home Love: Lo and Behold Theme Song
Warning! The registration and Finale PrintMusic files are zip files! You might need to disable your virus/malware protection before downloading.
- As usual, this song turned out a little more difficult than I expected.
- Chords and everything were easy enough to figure out, the accompaniment wasn’t. In short, this TVB theme song uses very simple drum patterns, rhythms that are then supplemented by energetic Distortion Guitar riffs. I couldn’t really find any appropriate/similar accompaniments on the Stagea. Neither could I completely hear everything from the original recording for transcribing. What I have in my registration is the closest I can get.
- On the Distortion Guitar sounds, jeez, I now understand why guitarists can obsess so much over their amps. It was truly tedious fiddling with the amp settings. (And end of the day, I didn’t completely get it right)
- There’s an odd vocal section right before the second stanza. If you’ve ever watched the original MTV, you’d know why I included that homage. (我爱子珊!)
- My other big challenge was the HEY in the original recording. I simply couldn’t let-go-of this, as we say in Singlish. To my horror, though, the Stagea doesn’t have such an effect in the drum kits; the only Hey in the Gospel Adlib kit was way too drawn out. Similarly, the Gospel Voice 3 registration was also too melodic to have the same punch. Long story short, I fussed over this for days before surrendering. It was … very painful for me to give up. (放唔低啊!)
- Apart from the guitar riffs, I made the rest of this Electone arrangement very easy. I’m hoping players of all grades can enjoy this song. (In other words, please download … :P)
HAPPY NEW 2021!
Check out my other Electone posts here!