Got obsessed with watching Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017, and just had to try arranging 鐵血丹心 (Tie Xue Dan Xin) for the Yamaha Electone Stagea ELS-02C
What happened was this. I got obsessed with watching Legend of the Condor Heroes 2017, currently still running on Starhub TV. Went to my folks’ place one evening and there it was, playing on mother’s television. Within minutes, I was all swept up in the story, which by the way, I know by HEART. I was also thrilled by Joseph Koo’s鐵血丹心 (Tie Xue Dan Xin) being reused as the opening theme. This, arguably, the most famous and popular composition associated with the saga. And one of the most renowned Wuxia theme music. I … I just had to try arranging and playing it on the Yamaha Electone Stagea. Anyhow, here is the YouTube upload. 🙂
Free Electone Score & Stagea Registration Data for 鐵血丹心Warning! The registration and Finale PrintMusic files are zip files! You might need to disable your virus/malware protection before downloading. As I have disabled the function, do not right-click to save as. On PCs, simply click on the links and the file should auto download in a separate window. Electone Stagea ELS-02C Score Electone Stagea ELS-02C Registration Data
- 鐵血丹心 is one of those very “super standard” sort of pop composition, involving just that few numbers of chords. But perhaps, this is exactly what makes this classic Wuxia song so easy and enjoyable to listen to.
- The greatest appeal of the original 1983 duet was the contrast and harmonization by Roman Tam and Jenny Tseng i.e. two of Cantopop’s most beloved singers. I’ve somewhat downplayed this, however, to give the arrangement more of a soloist feel.
- Lead voice used is Di Zi. It’s per the preset. I’ve tried editing the sound but just couldn’t achieve anything better.
- There is a Gu Zheng sound in several registration memories. This gave me a lot of frustration both to arrange and to play. Honestly, I don’t feel I expressed it that well in my upload too. (The touch is a killer)
- The Electone Stagea choir voices … They didn’t turn out as miraculous as I hope for them to be, especially for Registration 15. I need to further experiment with these in future arrangements.
- While I didn’t intend for it to be so, this turned out to be quite a drill for the left hand. Plenty of jumps and re-positioning!
- If you’re downloading the score, take a look at the bassline. I’ve kept it entirely to the upper registrar of the pedal board. You might wish to … try playing this entirely with the right leg. You know, as a form of as practice. (I’m not even going to try. LOL)
- Again, if you’re downloading my free Electone score, try using a little bit of Aftertouch with the strings. It helps with expression.
- Finally, I didn’t add expression marks to the score. But this is obviously a mf, f, mf kinda composition.
- Update Oct 21: Amended some mistakes!!! Immense gratitude the folks who informed me. Also added section markings to the score for easier reading.